Saturday, June 10, 2006

Banality

I over did it this last six months. It has been a journey indeed. I have never been so swamped with work. Approximately 200,000 words to mark, a journal article to correct, another journal article to write in two months, shifting houses, collating marks, memorising 60 pages of script for a play, and over exhaustion by men - I've got it all this year.

There are times, quite frequent I must say, that I just wish to sit back and moan. To find a place of silence and quiet and just exhaust myself through the incessant exhalation of breath. A contradiction you say? Yes, yes... I remember my last posts. But I'm no longer alone now. I have found company in the most unexpected way. As fleeting as these moments of joy would be, it is still wonderful while it lasts.

I sit here in the cold feeling nonchalant. I don't know why I'm writing this. It's so mundane. I have no energy to write an interesting post. I guess it's just to fill in the vacant gaps of time. These rare moments when I do have time, I waste it on the cyber-vandalism. But I guess it is important to relish in the banal and prosaic. More often than not my life is over-exciting. I don't know how I do it, but somehow, there's always the dramaticism of soap-opera that seeps into my everyday life. I live genres.

And so another day arrived and another day will past. I am sutured between the interstices of time and memory. May the Gods take me from liminia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home