Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Memory

I find myself wafting now; floating in waking consciousness; drifting in memory...

The mnemonic odour of musk and sweat is smothered in insouciance; hundreds of hearts lay in stasis; my sheets only warmed by the palpitating rhythm of one's arteries.

Heroes and knights litter my imagination; wherefore did the glitter of magic fade; from the very crook of reality did hope dissipate.

Desire evaporates and finds a host; condensation of affectivities find solace in this husk of patience; dripping silently into happy nothingness.

Oh happy days, oh happy days; Carnivalesque fools in youthful naivety; once, so long ago, I smell the stench of decay.

One day, one day; surely there will be one day; wafting no more, floating no more, insouciant no more, he'll stay.